Monday, October 26, 2009

Ouch, the Bandhas...

It's now Monday evening and I continue to recover from my weekend of training. My hips are screaming and I'm sore in places that I didn't know that I had! I've learned that having success in the asanas (postures, poses) is dependent on engaging the Bandhas and holding in the belly (by the way, the Bandhas are below that!) Well, picture this ~ there I was trying so desperately to get my body in a posture while trying to "keep the breath," AND engage the Bandhas??? Something had to let go. You guessed it ~ it was the Bandhas! Our homework is to practice engaging the Bandhas everyday for about 10 minutes. Speaking of homework, I have quite a bit to accomplish for next month ~ many pages of anatomy reading, the anatomy coloring book, find an inspirational story or quote, formulate a sequence of two standing postures including breath work and the first 16 Sutras. I'll have no problem doing all of it, I'll just have a problem REMEMBERING all of it! Better get to work...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what it means to let go of your "Bandas" in public but it can't be good.

    ReplyDelete