Monday, January 4, 2010

Teaching again...

Well,I'm jumping in again, but this time it's in a good way. On January 23rd the studio is celebrating Yoga Day. They will be offering free yoga classes all day. Lori offered us a chance to begin our teaching on that day to get our feet wet. I volunteered before I knew what hit me! Yesterday she worked with 5 of us at the studio to compose a class and present. It's much harder than it looks. The class will be about an hour so each one of us will teach for about 12 minutes. The longest 12 minutes you could imagine! This morning I'm going to practice on Harry. He's NEVER practiced yoga before so it will be a real test to how clear my directions are. The whole thing is a bit scary to me, but I knew that if I didn't take advantage of the opportunity I would regret it later on.I remember my senior year of high school and Bye Bye Birdie... I auditioned and made the cut as one of the dancers. A few days into the rehearsals I thought it was just too much work and it interfered with time with my friends (ugh!)so I quit. I quit!!! Could you imagine? I was soooooo miserable the night of the performance when the show was so fabulous, the costumes so adorable, and I was not one of those dancers on the stage. What a fool!!! I don't want that feeling again. Funny ~ I haven't thought of that in almost 40 years until this morning. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment